Ten things about
Gabi Kay and Ben Kay, co-founders:
- They have spent a combined 30 years in the advertising industry.
- They have worked on behemothic campaigns for clients such as Apple, Adidas, DHL, VW, Levis, the BBC, Pirelli, Ford, Volvo, Mars and Sony.
- And smaller ones that make a difference, such as the RSPCA, Samaritans, Barnardos, St John Ambulance and Make Poverty History.
- We are extremely uncomfortable with writing about ourselves in the third person.
- Gabi's background is in commercial production, helping bring to life awe-inspiring work for agencies such as BBH, JWT, DDB, Fallon and Leo Burnett.
- Ben worked on the agency side for companies such as AMV BBDO, Wieden and Kennedy, 180 Amsterdam, Anomaly, Saatchi and Saatchi and Lunar BBDO, where he was founder and ECD. He also oversaw Apple's European advertising for three years before moving to LA to do the same for its international advertising.
- Gabi is a RADA-trained actress, mediocre pianist and truly dreadful gardener.
- Ben once sang the English National Anthem at Jeff Goldblum's insistence.
- They're both keen on changing the world so that it works for everyone (particularly our two kids and our cats).
- Oddly, Ben proposed to Gabi after knowing her for five days. Odder than that, she said yes. Odder than both those things, they're still married seventeen years later.
As L.P. Hartley once said, 'The past is a foreign country'. Bearing that in mind, here's a link to Ben's previous work and a detailed CV:
We like to think of it as Denmark with a dash of Swaziland.